This?  But I think it was fixed in later versions of softimage. Not sure
though:

Work-Around to Problems with Tablets and Softimage

March 11th, 2011 by Luc-Eric:
There is a strange user interface lag that affects Softimage XSI when you
use a Wacom tablet. With heavy scenes or simulation, you may never be able
to stop playback. Other users have reported problems with the render
region.The best work-around is to disable tablet support in Softimage (any
version). This will not affect any other program.To do this, start a
“Command Prompt” using the link in the Autodesk Softimage Start menu group.
If you are running under Vista or Windows 7, it’s best to run it as an
administrator.

A command prompt will will start in the ‘bin’ directory of the application.
Type this command:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2011\Application\bin> copy xsi.bat
wintab32.dll
And re-launch the Softimage. You should now be fine.

The only place Softimage uses the tablet is for pen pressure in Weight
Painting and in the compositor, and it doesn’t work very well anyway. To
restore tablet support, simply delete wintab32.dll from the bin directory
from that command prompt.