...you do realize that i can make the exact same statement with a search and replace for linux vs windows, do you?

just sayin'...

but joking aside: for me switching to linux brought a lot more advantages than staying with good old windows.

first i don't miss any tools. i have softimage, mudbox, maya, photoshop, inkscape and all our inhouse editors. they all work fine. secondly, the killerfeature of linux is its window managers. in my case mate desktop. its slick, fast and powerful. i can have as many virtual desktops as i want, keep several apps open in parallel (and not stacked up behind each other), each screen is customized to my needs. sessions get saved, i can switch and shuffle them around with a few keystrokes and i almost never reboot - updates happen in the background...i have two monitors chained to one desktop and another monitor on a second x session that kind of acts like a second computer with a shared mouse, keyboard and copy/paste-buffer for email etc.. it's the real life equivalent of those funky hollywood-operating systems that we've all seen so many times before and it's boosting my day2day performance a LOT.

oh, and i can switch between wacom intous and bamboo without deinstalling and installing drivers. try that with windows :)

cheers!
chris