Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:47:23 -0400
Subject: Envelope freeze
From: ericla...@gmail.com
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

Can anyone think of a clever way to "freeze" a mesh that's enveloped but not
destructively?

I'm adding some simulation functions to our character rig, basically just a
copy of the enveloped mesh that I am using for particle generation. In order
for my setup to work, it needs to be a static pose. So what I am looking for is
a way to remove the envelope's influence on a frame I choose, but keeping that
static pose. Something like when you mute the envelope operator, but the mesh
needs to stay in that pose and not snap back to it's pre-enveloped position.

I want to be able to re-enable the envelope if I need to.

Thanks,
Eric

Freelance 3D and VFX animator

http://vimeopro.com/user7979713/3d-work