I wish I could share a script with you, but our scripts are too deeply linked to our pipeline and I can't just quickly extract the pieces you need. It's a pretty easy script to make, but sadly I have no time to help you.

I would suggest to proceed as others have informed you then. Make sure you select your objects in the same order before creating your groups so their orders match. If you need to add or remove elements, make sure you remove from both group at the same time and make sure you select objects to add in the same order when you add them to your groups. Or simply delete both groups, reselect the elements in the right order and recreate your groups. The index in the group will match the order in which you selected your elements so make sure they match and you should be fine.

On 26/08/2013 4:18 PM, olivier jeannel wrote:
Around 320 objects...
^^;

Le 26/08/2013 22:13, Mathieu Leclaire a écrit :
You would only need a script if you want to create the ID parameter automatically. You can always create them manually if scripting is not your thing. Do you have a lot of members in your group?

On 26/08/2013 3:43 PM, olivier jeannel wrote:
Is there some script available ? Because I'm no coder :p

Le 26/08/2013 21:27, Mathieu Leclaire a écrit :
To keep track of IDs, I created custom parameters per object with a unique ID. Then in ICE, I just search for the ID parameter in the group to find it's index in the list of the group. You could use a similar technique in your situation.

-Mathieu

On 26/08/2013 2:58 PM, Grahame Fuller wrote:
Just to add that you can see and modify the "creation order": http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/softimage2014/en_us/userguide/index.html?url=files/3dexplorer510.htm,topicNumber=d30e8932 (scroll down to Sorting and Reordering Elements in the Explorer).

gray

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com [mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Alan Fregtman
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 2:52 PM
To: XSI Mailing List
Subject: Re: IDs in Groups

Group indices AFAIK are in "creation order", so as long as you remove the exact same piece from both in the same order, indices should stay OK.

That is to say, if you go piece by piece. Removing X from group A and then X from B, it should be ok.

If you remove Y & X from A and X & Y from B in that order, you'll most likely get messed up indices.