I had massive slowdown with getting 150 Matrices in a hierarchy because of 4 unfrozen Center operators in the modeling stack. :/

Le 13/09/2013 11:47, pete...@skynet.be a écrit :
hiding the particles and strands is not going to simulate them but that doesn’t mean the ICE tree is totally inactive. such a lag on every single interaction with a geometry sounds *exactly* like what I’d expect from a hidden ICE tree. it’s traversing the tree to see if everything’s hooked up properly (the lag) and then does nothing with it (fast interaction) – which is not ideal. try to break the link with the mesh in the ICE tree by pointing to some other geo that you’re doing nothing with – I’d bet the lag is gone. in more complex trees I try to make it easy to switch the input geometry – such as avoiding several getters pointing to the same geometry, and putting a passthrough between the getter and the rest of the tree. Or use a group as input (if possible) and remove/add the mesh from the group as needed – without having to go in the ICE tree.
*From:* Gerbrand Nel <mailto:nagv...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Friday, September 13, 2013 10:55 AM
*To:* softimage@listproc.autodesk.com <mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>
*Subject:* Re: interaction lag
It happens on all views, shaded and wireframe.
I'm emitting particles and strands on the mesh, but its all hidden.
I tried the merge into new scene, but I still have the lag.
This is 2013 btw.. I'll check 2014, but we cant move the project there for now :(
I was hoping there was a display setting I was missing.

Thanks for the input guys