Sometimes when you're in Simulation mode, it's nice to have an ice tree on top the simulation (Post-Sim) to stick some values back. For example, sticking the PointPosition back to the first StrandPosition.
Andy moorer has a nice article here http://andy.moonbase.net/archives/859

Also, atm I use to separate the pointcloud that emit from the point cloud that will "do" stuff.
Sometimes it could be nice. Vincent Ullman do it here https://vimeo.com/groups/ice/videos/71855954