As somebody said before on this list we are all grown ups, if SI dies we
will adapt.
I have to teach kids to do 3d animation using Max on a daily basis, so when
questions of workflow come up you can imagine I feel like the devil. "Do we
really need to do this?" "There has got to be an easier way for this by
now". It is freaking 2014 and we have to tell them about editmesh,
editpoly, gpoly, it is a mess... but we get through it!
For now it is great to use SI as a personal secret weapon and be able to
cook custom deformers, simulators, rig components and have other people's
jaw drop. Will use it for as long as I can. After that things like FE or HE
may come to substitute it.
May everyone have a great 2015!