​I just added 2 780ti's to my machine & use my 680 just to drive my
displays.  One of the negatives right now with Redshift (AFAIK) is that
it's not entirely optimized for more than 2 cards.  Once you get 3-4 cards
in place you start seeing diminishing returns.

But that might be an nVidia problem, not a Redshift problem.

I think the main thing you have to consider is - do you already have a
renderfarm that is CPU based and are you willing to migrate to GPU-based
rendering?  I have rack-mounted machines that just have Intel motheboard
graphics & no space for a GPU, so for now Redshift is limited to just 2
machines.

For larger companies there's a space & heat issue as well.  Running just
the 2 780ti's all night long kept my office nice and toasty warm.  You need
to have a very large power supply as well as a case & motherboard that can
fit the cards.  It'd be very interesting to see a comparison of space, heat
and watts consumed for CPU's vs GPU's for rendering...

-Paul

ᐧ