It's not news, no. But it is a pretty anti-consumer change in policy.
The 70% discount is for a limited time only.

It says right there in the FAQ:
*How can a customer get current if they have an older version of software
after February 1, 2015?*
Customers who wish to use the latest release after February 1, 2015 will
have the option to purchase the latest version at SRP (Suggested Retail
Price).

As a customer I'd like to be on paid maintenance because there is some sort
of benefit that it provides. Not because there is a gun to my head that I
lose my investment in purchasing the software and risk paying full price
for upgrades in the future otherwise.