Note to self: I really should read the entire post carefully before replying.

On 07-Mar-14 08:57, Francois Lord wrote:
I don't know Deadline, but usually when xsibatch.exe returns a big negative number, it's a crash.
A crash can be caused by anything, you won't see it in the output log.

I'm sorry I'm not helping much, but you should check if you can render the same frame in the UI. If not, then you can start deactivating stuff in the scene of hiding objects to find the problem.