In Softimage we have a production-proven, solid tool.  ICE works TODAY, not
2 years from today, not in a dream of a product called Bifrost, but right
NOW.

Are you telling everyone here who has based their ENTIRE business around
Softimage, we should trust Autodesk to have a fully functioning tool ready
that will do EVERYTHING Softimage can do TODAY by the time Softimage hits
the end?  We should believe that after you've just admitted that Skyline
was a failure?

These aren't a bunch of ideas or concepts here, these are our businesses!
 We feed our families, we pay our bills, we survive based on Softimage and
now we have to hope that somehow Bifrost is not in the 99% failure, but 1%
innovation?

Do you seriously want us to bet our future on that?  Would you go home and
tell your significant other that rather than focusing on a tool that works
for you, makes money for you right now, you're betting everything on a
promise from Autodesk??

Who on earth does business like that??  Is Autodesk going to pay our
mortgages or feed our families when Bifrost falls apart?  Because unless
that's the plan, I can't think of a single sane person who would go along
with this Maya-only plan.

This is absolutely a terrible way to do business and everyone at Autodesk
knows it.  They've just dug in their heels to avoid looking like they've
made a colossal mistake.

-Paul