I don't like long-winded emotional eulogies. In the light of things, they
are a waste of time. I'm trying to figure out in what shape those two
abominations are now.

I was watching this video https://vimeo.com/88391123 and although it was
impressive, one moment in particular pierced right through my ears and
exploded in my head. At around 20 minute mark he says: "We had a bunch of
UV errors, the shaders were wrong, so the night before delivery, i had to
reconstruct the entire shot from scratch."

Now, I remember a situation we had when a fully rigged, fully animated
character in maya had to have some light modifications done to his topology
and UV's replaced.

It. Was. Hell.

I don't know how we solved it. I think a person got involved, black magic
was used, i clearly remember a goat missing, etc. Granted, this was long
time ago - 2007ish i think. But for all its faults, i never recall a moment
when i had to get up from XSI and flat out smash my head with a brick. I
dread what lies ahead because non-destructiveness is a really low level
paradigm. I don't feel the two alternatives we are being pushed into have
the flexibility we got accustomed to.

Am i wrong about this?