When modeling a thin object like a bat or pterosaur wing, what is
considered the best approach to avoid interpenetration when rigged? I am
cleaning up a purchased model and the wing has no thickness. I'm sure this
will hold up ok on screen but wondering what an experienced modeler would
do? Mudbox seems to hate how this model is put together and I'm about to
add the other wing side in. My only reserve is that when rigged, we may
have issues keeping the front and back from penetrating.

I'd love to hear what some practiced riggers and animators think.

Thanks,
Byron