Ah yes! I think that's something I can run with! I'll check that out. Thank you.
-Tim

On 7/15/2014 8:48 AM, Mathieu Leclaire wrote:
I'm basically going to say the same thing Adrian said... we had a similar project with the same problem.

If there is a direction to your wind, you need to minimize the amount of rotation the instance have. If your cached plant had wind blowing in your +X axis, you have to make sure all your plants X-axis point more or less towards that direction. We used a random of more or less 20 degrees to make sure they are all aligned the same.

Then to control the timing of your animation, you can use a turbulence to drive the ShapeInstanceTime. That will make sure that you zone your animation timing so that all the neighbors have a time value close to them. Turbulence will remove the randomness while ensuring that not all instances have the same time value. Use a Turbulize Around Value that you can animate if you want, just add the current frame to the turbulence result and play with the Turbulence Scale to get the right look and adjust your range to control the delay in animation.

Does this make sense to you?

-Mathieu