I see what your saying. But i have been know to Bind then remove the
default weights and then paint it back, as per what I need. But I suggest
some loud music in your head phones, to drown out the angry voices in your
head!

or do it in soft and fbx it back save off the weights and load them on to
your maya rig.

Ben