On 10/15/2014 5:52 PM, Graham Bell wrote:
Hi David

To the best of my knowledge, you can 'rent' Maya on Linux, certainly here in
the UK anyway, so I assume it will be the same in the US.

Thanks for the info!
It shouldn't make a difference with education either, you should be able to
obtain a linux install, though I notice you can't download this version from
the EDU website.

Someone from Autodesk here says the educational license doesn't work on linux?:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/licensing-maya2013-in-linux-just-not-valid/m-p/3839396#M60613

Though this will have to be Network licensed, as Standalone (node-locked) isn't
available on Linux. Network licenses are not OS specific, once their running on
a server, any insall (Win/Mac/Linux) can just point to the server.

Thx,

Graham