Top of my head : Select all polygons, then "extract polygon".
Sometimes helps to clean a geometry.

Le 17/11/2014 21:46, James De Colling a écrit :
got a weird one here. im baking out lighting onto some objects for some realtime assets.

rendermap seems to be falling over when dealing with inverted (then frozen) objects? if I turn on front (or back!) faces only in rendermap options, I get some pretty random faces not rendering. its different for each of the 4 objects in my scene.

4 meshes, 3 are scaled and rotated in -1 then transforms frozen

all normals are fine, i can export to maya / unity no problem. no overlapping faces. nice clean geo. (maya batch bake with mr/fg works fine, just would much prefer to get it done entirely with softimage)

ive tried merging all the geo together and resplitting it, ive exported it as obj and reimported. same problem...only when baking with rendermap.

any ideas?

Cheers

James,