I don't have anything to share specificly, just me playing around flip fluid and suddenly hit render...
(if you have nice tut to share, I'd be delighted ! )

In my head, I imagine a future without CPU...
I had a Quadro 4000, with it Redshift was already slightly faster than Arnold.
I changed for a TitanZ, I'm now 7 times faster. Cost : 1340euro
How cpu solution will cope with that ?

I agree, absolutely, on the flexibility though.