From: Luc-Eric Rousseau [luceri...@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 January 2015 12:40 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: semi OT : running SI on a Macbook Pro

I've been using a macbook pro for three years, although mostly in OSX
mode obviously.  You can go ask a friend with one and check it out
before paying  2,500$ if running the screen in 1.5 scaling works for
you.    I've suggested using an external monitor instead.

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Jason S <jasonsta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a hack you can do make Windows 8.1 scale up an application,
> it's described here
> http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
>
> your'e referring to using windows in High DPI but..
>
> You would never turn down the screen resolution of the retina display for
> graphics work, the display will be blurry.
>
> ... I've seen both 1600x900 and 1920x1080 on (3k) retina displays, and
> although they aren't as extra crisp as retina, they are hardly blurry or
> distiguishable from displays that are natively in these rez (or hardly an
> issue)
>

> It's fine if you're just going to use XSI sometimes with the intent of
> eventually giving up on windows [and XSI?] over time.
>
> Imagine if Microsoft baught Mac (~10% (of desk/lap-top) share, or roughly
> former Maya/XSI proportions)
>
> I for one would not be -for- elimination of innovative products, even if by
> then, innovation would have greatly slowed if not essentially ceased.

=
style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in