Hi Pierre,
A couple of weeks ago I needed to write a device driver for a standard steering
wheel controller and pedals. Once I got over the stumbling block of getting
Softimage plugins compiling correctly on Windows, it wasn't too hard. It was
just a case of combining the mouse example device driver code with the
DirectInput Joystick example code (which you can find here:
https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/DirectInput-Samples-8ac6f5e3)

Most of the hassle was to get the compiler to play nice with handling linking of
all the libraries.

Cheers,