"Sell one seat to a company for lets say 1500$ per year with a chance to
update of 50%. Or sell twelve seats for 125$ each to freelancers and the
probability of selling updates is much higher."

Starting next year companies will no longer be able to obtain new permanent
licenses either.
It will all be subscription based. Count on the incentives showing up to
swap your permanent licenses to monthly or annual subscriptions, and more
than likely for support of permanent licenses to go away.

I find the ad insulting on many levels. There is the fact that it may as
well be a marketing campaign for mens casual clothing. It is a generic ad
campaign for Product as Lifestyle. All of the imagery is of people doing
cool stuff that cool people do.. no 3d.. no work. The video following the
guy with vacant bloodshot eyes (arguably the only authentic part of the
video) around his day being a cool guy involves about 5% of him tumbling
and pondering a mesh before getting back to his cool guy duties like being
dressed good for the MUNI bus and the club.

This feels very idiocracy-like and I think strongly reflects on the people
making decisions at Autodesk. I do not want to give these people money and
this is one of the bigger motivations I've had to pursue Fabric, Houdini
and Modo and transition away from Maya.