You do not need to be in the business of licensing patents to benefit from acquiring some. First they don't get in your way anymore, second they get in the way of your concurrents, third they don't quit if they don't like what they see. Companies like Autodesk are quite sensitive about legal issues. At least the patents are still in their hands.

On another hand, where is that $35 millions dollars team now ? Tell me. No offense here but it seems the most valuable (tech speaking) members of the XSI dev team have left the boat by now. What a wise move from Autodesk if she really was after that team ! And where is that working business now ? No comment.

All those millions for.. what for btw, fairy tails aside ?
--

guy rabiller | radfac founder | linkedin.com/in/guyrabiller