I've used "text.text" before as an output port in scripted operators to drive the text. So it stood to reason you could do it using ICE too. It's just a normal parameter, albeit well hidden!

On 05/05/2016 11:25, p...@bustykelp.com wrote:
How did you discover that? I had no idea ICE could be used to ‘write’ text. It makes me wonder what other abilities are concealed within ICE.
*From:* Andy Nicholas <mailto:a...@andynicholas.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 04, 2016 6:36 PM
*To:* softimage@listproc.autodesk.com <mailto:softimage@listproc.autodesk.com>
*Subject:* Re: Using ICE to drive text, how?
To set the text for geometry, just create an ICE tree on the text object and make a Set Data with it pointing at "self.text.text". For conversions for integers and scalars to string, you can either use Dan Yargici's "DanyTools" on http://www.rray.de/xsi, or create expressions in parameters and pull those into ICE.

Cheers,
Andy