I know these things are often down to personal preference and depth of knowledge of a package, but for me, 3DEqualizer wins out in most situations. The only time I go to PFTrack is for their mesh tracking and perspective alignment tool. I'm not particularly a fan of PFTrack's node editor, as it doesn't provide the sorts of workflows that I'd expect from it so I quickly get frustrated. I find that it's too high level in terms of the data that gets passed between nodes. I want more granularity.

With 3DE being so (relatively) cheap with its rental pricing now, I'd find it hard to justify using anything else. It's not the easiest of packages to pick up when you're starting out, but for me that's about the only downside.