you have to emit particles from the boat/ocean intersection area, and
advect them along velocity vectors on the ocean surface using ICE. 'Use
Negative Eigen Vectors' from the aaocean ice compound for advection, and
use 'eigenvalues' for when you want to accelerate advection. Some sort of
flow noise will give you a better looking aft wake.

3D Artist/TD @ The Mill, London
http://www.amaanakram.com