Try Houdini, spend some time in it.

Last week I discovered the everyday use of groups (equivalent to clusters)
(you know when you receive a cad object with fifty badly named groups) and
the selection method by text or by clicking, adding, removing primitives.
I started, it was a pure nightmare. Today I think it's the most versatile
system I ever used.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Michael Amasio <michael.ama...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the link, Morten!
> Really useful info.
>
> I swear I'll quit Soft if something comes along that balances ease of use
> with functionality in a better way...
>
> ...it just hasn't.
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Martin <furik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We are using Softimage and Maya in our projects (PS4 game), and coding
>> like crazy in Maya (although still writing for Softimage too).
>>
>> For modeling I'm still using Softimage as much as I can, it is way faster.
>>
>> Martin
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 6 Oct 2016, at 2:06, Jordi Bares <jordiba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Still around on the list but pretty much 100% of my time on Houdini now
>> except occasional projects.
>>
>> Jb
>>

>> On 5 Oct 2016, at 17:58, Tim Borgmann <i...@bt-3d.de> wrote:
>>
>> Same here. Still using SI for most of my work.
>>
>> send from mobil
>>
>> Am 05.10.2016 um 11:38 schrieb Oliver Weingarten <li...@pixelpanic.de>:
>>
>> Still Softimage|XSI for most of the work I do, learning Houdini in
>> parallel..both in combo with Redshift.
>>
>> As AD keeps on "making better software faster"(Marc Stevens in March
>> 2014) without giving a proper replacement for XSI, Houdini seems one of a
>> very few applications to make progress and evolve with.
>>
>> Am 05.10.2016 um 11:22 schrieb Jean-Louis:
>>
>> Softimage is still our primary tool, and probably for at least the next
>> couple of years (together with Redshift and Arnold, of course).
>>
>> JL
>>

>> Jean-Louis Billard
>> *Digital Golem*
>> BE: +32 (0) 484 263 563
>> UK: +44 (0) 7973 660 119
>> jean-lo...@digitalgolem.com
>> http://www.digitalgolem.com/
>> 53 Rue Gustave Huberti
>> 1030 Brussels
>>
>> Otherwise... Full steam ahead Houdini! It's great. Any uncertainty after
>> the demise of xsi is behind me.
>>
>> Add to that, Maya's only function as an 'easier' app that everyone uses,
>> has hopefully improved greatly (as in, satisfactorily) with the  XSI style
>> render layers in 2017.
>>
>> On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, 10:39 patrick nethercoat, <patr...@brandtanim.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> still hanging on.
>>>
>>> On 4 October 2016 at 10:28, Morten Bartholdy <x...@colorshopvfx.dk>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Pong from Copenhagen, Denmark :)

>>> with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and reply to confirm.
>>> ------
>>> Softimage Mailing List.
>>> with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and reply to confirm.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Brandt Animation
>>> www.brandtanim.co.uk
>>> 020 7734 0196