A few hints

> On 10 Oct 2016, at 12:58, Chris Marshall <chrismarshal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OK So I'm getting somewhere, slowly, which is positive.
> The acronyms aren't helping
>
> BSDF
> PBR

Physically based Renderer

> VOP

VEX Operators

> VEX

The name of Houdini native language, a blend between PRMAN and C

> VOP SOP

VEX operator for Surface Operators, meaning you can modify points on a surface
using VEX Operators which is the graphical interface to VEX. A bit like an ICE
tree for deformation operations.

> SHOP

Shading Operators

> ROP

Rendering Operators

> DOP

Dynamic Operators

> CHOP

Channel operators

> SOP

Surface Operators

> AutoDOPNetwork

A Dynamic network created automagically from the shelf tools

> POPObject

A object to create particles

> HDA

Houdini digital asset (same as OTL which is an Operator Type Library) and
serves to encapsulate assets with tons of things inside, from scripts,
documentation, etc… Thknk EMDLs on steroids (mega)

> RIS Shading

Ok, this is a bit obscure… read this

https://renderman.pixar.com/resources/current/RenderMan/risOverview.html

> BxDF Shaders

The various functions for shading (using physically correct engine)

BRDF
BSDF
etc...

> cvex shader

Ok, this is a bit more obscure… read this

https://www.3dbuzz.com/forum/threads/163413-CVEX-Terminology
<https://www.3dbuzz.com/forum/threads/163413-CVEX-Terminology>

> COP

Compositing operator