I had the SAME exact trouble with the ole32.dll corrupted too, plus the
crosswalk_blabla trouble.
At first i tried all the methods share by everybody on the web and
softimage support blog, etc. I uninstall and reinstall XSI like 5 times,
install last video drivers,etc..etc.

When i uninstall that thing Companion, i think everything went back to
normal. That shitty thing comes with *"K-Lite codec pack"* drivers and
install automatically, so beware people.

Diseñador 3D/Multimedia
web: https://tenshi.carbonmade.com
# Cel/Whatsapp: (+593) 0984104698
Guayaquil/Quito-Ecuador