Hey Tim,

I just checked, and SaveSceneAs works as expected on my side.

The only scenario I can think of where this might happen is if your
compiledPath is either illegal or does not point into a valid Softimage
project.
But if I understood you correctly that can not be your issue as the Save
Dialog opens in the correct target folder and also lets you save
successfully, right?

If you just execute those two lines directly from the Script Editor does it
also behave in the same way?

Cheers, Martin

--
       Martin Chatterjee