I think working in Houdini is rather exhausting.
Dealing with freedom can be a total nightmare.
I'm not saying it's not pleasing, but having to work on scene that are
constantly creating themeselves from scatch, well it makes my brain
overheating.
That's quite a different process than opening an xsi scene where setups are
done, frozen, working in fixed context, and always ending in passes.
In houdini it keeps calling objects from everywhere, computing stuff, going
back, with a few additional variables,  etc
And, while it makes perfect sense when you are building your incredible
setup, it's a whole different story when you open it 2 weeks later...
Houdini requires a high level of organisation, and that's by far, to me,
the hardest part.