I saw some part of it (the Houdini) great event Probiner ! Loved the jazzy
piano in the background :)

I'm very fond of that type of inter software workflow, Ices to Houdini in
my case.

Btw, does your Houdini curve deformer have a "parallel transport frame"
matrix calculation ?
It's the method grabed by Entagma for their deform by curve
https://vimeo.com/181458408
Except they calculated it from the sweep node.
Based on their vex method, I made a full vop deform by curve, but I
couldn't figure out that "parallel transport frame" calculation. I red some
papers,
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7e65/2313c1f8183a0f43acce58ae8d8caf370a6b.pdf
but it's above my english end my math reading.
I'm still stuck with the Frenet method (tangent, cross product and
double-cross product), far less stable.