BTW, I am sure you guys are aware but there are some tools for flocking like
the ones you have in Cinema4D

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sidefx.com_docs_houdini_nodes_dop_popcurveforce&d=DwIFaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=HG4yc6di4pSPGmjjCQ4nMw4HMQzz-WNeoV_iUe2V20Y&s=ZAZwrCLfNzu1gwYSL6rpD8PdDhZ4Zl70odynEqbVLtY&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sidefx.com_docs_houdini_nodes_dop_popmetaballforce&d=DwIFaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=HG4yc6di4pSPGmjjCQ4nMw4HMQzz-WNeoV_iUe2V20Y&s=LVL8fbw4IGn6v-DNxdiz_4nLFXHlulY4W5UpxYu0zdI&e=

Out of the box, no need for programming

jb