Have you tried setting a keyframe
on the sequence offset?
(or 2 keys in case the same thing is happening as viz anim)
and perhaps locking it?

And perhaps even storing the one key anim in a mixer clip ::
- Mark the offset param (with the obj selected)
and -> store marked parameter & set for the length of your shot.

For the visibility, is it consistently the first keyframe that's ignored?
of so, perhaps setting another one ?
 (after 0, and before the next one)

I Wonder if it's a deadline interpretation thing.