Sven

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Sven Constable
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2018 6:00 PM
To: 'Official Softimage Users Mailing List.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__groups.google.com_forum_-23-21forum_xsi-5Flist&d=DwIFaQ&c=76Q6Tcqc-t2x0ciWn7KFdCiqt6IQ7a_IF9uzNzd_2pA&r=GmX_32eCLYPFLJ529RohsPjjNVwo9P0jVMsrMw7PFsA&m=sBj3pXRfhAmIAME3pRb6yXArWL97RM1xoHkkJN03mHE&s=XsC-f5FaKDtn2QLyCLf2hn-4pm3UJV1MhxDbrKzV0k8&e='
Subject: RE: OTish - todays Maya rant and Q - selecting items

If its worth the price is another thing, but I would say quadros are more
reliable in those cases especially when selecting stuff and all kinds of 2D
operations. Basically what Matt said.

No idea if the problem here is caused by the geforce card, maya itself,
drivers, windows version or any combination. All I'm saying is that quadros
*tend* to not have these kind of issues. They can even perfom faster in some
regards eg. when using wireframe modes. I think that is because they support it
more directly in hardware than the geforces.

I'm currently using a geforce card for XSI and it works ok. But I do have
selection problems in hidden line removal mode and I also noticed that the
playback performance isn't much faster when switching from shaded to wireframe
or even to bounding box. I can live with that so I will stay with geforces to
save a bunch of money though :)

Sven