> At 01:46 PM 11/07/2010, hadi motamedi wrote:
>>Dear All
>>I want to dump-restore my /opt , residing on /c0t0d0s5 , over the network
>>another solaris8 machine. Can you please let me know how it can be done?
>>Thank you

Please review your local man pages for 'ufsdump' (and 'ufsrestore').

The easiest way to do remote dumps is to NFS-export/mount a filesystem on
the remote host, with write permissions.  Then:

ufsdump 0uf /opt /mount-point-from-remote/opt.dump

This will place your dump in a file named 'opt.dump'

If you are looking to expand the dump on the remote (i.e., replicate the
entire filesystem as it exists on the source), you need a dump-restore
pipeline:

ufsdump 0uf /opt - | (cd /mount-point-from-remote;ufsrestore xf -)

There are also possibilities of doing these via rsh or ssh, using similar
syntax to the last example.

Note you can also do filesystem duplications via cpio or find; see the man
pages for details.
--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc.    |   5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting    |   Owings Mills, MD 21117