Do you have the XmlUpdateRequestHandler mapped to /update?

if that fixes it, we should make a bigger note on:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

ryan

On Oct 20, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Parisa wrote:

Hi,

I want to see the doc that is committed as soon as I commit it in my search
result so

I did as you suggest :

solrUrl = "http://mySolrServer:8080/solr/core1/";;

CommonsHttpSolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(solrUrl);
server.setParser(new XMLResponseParser());

UpdateRequest req = new UpdateRequest();
req.setAction(UpdateRequest.ACTION.COMMIT, false,false);
req.add(solrDoc);
UpdateResponse rsp = req.process(server);

a you see I use multicore config and every thing is ok but when I commit it I can't see this doc in search result unless I restart the solr server.

I have also tested it with this code:
 server.add(solrDoc);
server.commit(false,false);

I track the commit method in DirectUpdateHandler2 class and it is called
and works correctly .

Regards,

Parisa