On Oct 20, 2006, at 2:34 PM, Walter Underwood wrote:
We have a well-developed browsing design, so I'd rather not mix
facets in with that. Two other things work against using facets:
most of our queries are known-item searches, and I think that
facets work best when there is very broad agreement on the categories.
For example, clothing and food work well, but the subject facets
at Barnes and Noble don't help at all.

What about adding user feedback (err tagging), you can make those be facets and intersect them in very interesting ways (along with any other categorizations the resources themselves carry along). Let me tag things and find 'em my own way :)

        Erik, a satisfied Netflix customer