On 2/14/07, Kainth, Sachin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to solr.  I've just installed it and am trying to run the
example.  The problem is that the tutorial seems to suggest that you
need Unix to run solr.

Did you skip over the "requirements" section in the tutorial?  ;-)

'''
On Win32, cygwin, for shell support. (If you plan to use Subversion on
Win32, be sure to select the subversion package when you install, in
the "Devel" category.) This tutorial will assume that "sh" is in your
PATH, and that you have "curl" installed from the "Web" category.
'''

An aside: I'm not sure if the explicit "sh" should be needed any more
when running commands since we figured out how to get the zip file to
hold +x attributes.

-Yonik