On Feb 22, 2007, at 11:30 PM, Gmail Account wrote:
I use solr for searching and facets and love it.. The performance is awesome.

However I am about to add tagging to my application and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should just database my tags for now until a better solr solution is worked out... Does anyone know what technology some of the larger sites use for tagging? Database (MySQL, SQL Server) with denormalized cache tables everywhere, something similar to solr/lucene, or something else?

Simpy, Otis Gospodnetic's creation, uses Lucene. I suspect most of the others use a relational database and lots and lots of caching... especially since the others use tags but not full-text search. Simpy is special!

        Erik