I'm running solr 1.1 under Tomcat 5.5. On the development machine there are a modest number of instances of solr indexes (six).

In the logs currently the only way to distinguish them is to compare the [EMAIL PROTECTED], where the someIdentifier changes each time Tomcat is restarted (depressingly frequently in my programming style).

This value isn't written out for commits and queries, as well as a variety of other instances where distinguishing between the activities posted against the various indexes would be useful.

Is this addressed in 1.2 or is running multiple instances of indexes such a Bad Idea that supporting this would be leading a fool further astray?

Walter Lewis