From: Clay Webster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:43 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Any clever ideas to inject into solr? Without http?

Condensing the loader into a single executable sounds right if you have performance problems. ;-)

You could also try adding multiple <doc>s in a single post if you notice your problems are with tcp setup time, though if you're doing localhost connections that should be minimal.

If you're already local to the solr server, you might check out the CSV slurper. http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV It's a little specialized.

And then there's of course the question of "are you doing full re-indexing or incremental indexing of changes?"

--cw