Hi,

The method works, but has the drawback that you need to configure your solr
home inside the war of the web application.
What we did is the following:

Add this to the jboss-service.xml

<mbean code="org.jboss.naming.JNDIBindingServiceMgr"
         name="jboss.tests:service=JNDIBindingServiceMgr">
      <attribute name="BindingsConfig" serialDataType="jbxb">
         <jndi:bindings
            xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
            xmlns:jndi="urn:jboss:jndi-binding-service:1.0"

xs:schemaLocation="urn:jboss:jndi-binding-service:1.0resource:jndi-binding-service_1_0.xsd"

            <jndi:binding name="solr/home">
                <jndi:value type="java.lang.String
">C:\Temp\solr</jndi:value>
            </jndi:binding>
         </jndi:bindings>
      </attribute>
   </mbean>

Where I have c:\Temp\solr, you need to put your solr location.

Then inside the solr.war you edit the web.xml and add the following just
before the </web-app> tag :

<resource-env-ref>
        <resource-env-ref-name>solr/home</resource-env-ref-name>
        <resource-env-ref-type>java.lang.String</resource-env-ref-type>
    </resource-env-ref>

Then you add a jboss-web.xml file inside the WEB-INF folder inside the
solr.war
The file must contain :

<jboss-web>
        <context-root>solr</context-root>
        <resource-env-ref>
             <resource-env-ref-name>solr/home</resource-env-ref-name>
            <jndi-name>/solr/home</jndi-name>
        </resource-env-ref>
</jboss-web>

Using this method, u can configure the solr home inside the application
server and there is no need to edit the solr.war when you want to change the
solr home.

And yes, you then copy the solr.war file inside the deploy folder of your
jboss instance.

I hope this helps,

Thierry