On 9/20/07, Thierry Collogne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...Thank you very much. Moving the <filter class="
> solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/> up in the chain fixed it....

Yes, the problem was the EnglishPorterFilterFactory before the accents
removal: the stemmer doesn't know about accents, so no stemming
occured on "matthé" whereas "matthe" was stemmed to "matth".

BTW, your "rené" example makes me think you're indexing french, if
that's the case you might want to use a stemmer configured for that
language, for example

<filter
  class="Solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory"
  language="French"/>

-Bertrand