I want to programmatically retrieve the schema and the config from the ShowFileRequestHandler. I have tried doing it (mostly just to see how it would handle it w/o looking at the code) using SolrJ, but get in an exception in the XMLResponseParser in SolrJ. Ideally, I guess SolrJ would stuff the big old raw contents into the named list. Another option, would be to add a method to return the raw results.

Any thoughts? Am I doing this the wrong way? Using SolrJ is the most convenient way, but I suppose I could hack up my own one off for HTTPClient.

Thanks,
Grant