Hi Alejandro. Since this was a bit of trouble for you could you post the steps you used to get it to work (and/or any deviation from the wiki) to summarize this thread. It has been some days that I have seen the thread on the list and it would leave something useful other than I got it running for other folks with a similar issue in future. Many thanks.

Regards
David

Alejandro Valdez wrote:
Thanks a lot, it's running right now.

It seems that solr.solr.home should not point into the webapps
directory, maybe this tip should be included in the installation
guide...

Thanks again.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Alejandro Valdez

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, I changed that line to:

 >  set JAVA_OPTS=-Dsolr.home=C:\xampp\tomcat\webapps\solr -Duser.language=en
 >
 >  But It STILL isn't working...I almost give up :-(
 >
 >  When I try to open http://localhost:8080/solr/admin, I get:
 >
 > ---
 >  HTTP Status 404 - /solr/admin
 >  type Status report
 >  message /solr/admin
 >  description The requested resource (/solr/admin) is not available.
 >  Apache Tomcat/6.0.13
 >  ---
 >

 >  Someone should fix the page http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat,
 >  there says that should be used -Dsolr.solr.home=... :

 solr.solr.home is the correct variable.
 Try putting the solr home (the contents of solr/example) outside the
 webapps directory.  Only solr.war should go inside webapps.

 You could also try the "simple example install" from here:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat

 -Yonik