Benson Margulies wrote:
A helpful correspondent responded to a JIRA of mine suggesting run-jetty-run
to debug solr plugins from eclipse.

Can someone provide a bit more detail? Do you link your examples dir into
your Eclipse project? Make a separate Eclipse project that points to the
examples dir?

For testing plugins in eclipse, I create a project and add all the solr jars + dependancies. Then i bang away at my own plugins.

For testing, I use:
http://code.google.com/p/run-jetty-run/
and point the web app to a dummy app context that just has the web.xml from solr.war (granted this is a bit ugly, and you don't get any of the admin jsp stuff)

But this is nice because you don't have to futz with debugging ports and all that nonsense.

Other people may have other methods though...