Hi Paul,

I cannot compare it to SemanticVectors as I don't know SemanticVectors.
But word vectors that are produced by word2vec have interesting properties.

Here is the description of the original word2vec web site:

https://code.google.com/p/word2vec/#Interesting_properties_of_the_word_vectors
Interesting properties of the word vectors
It was recently shown that the word vectors capture many linguistic
regularities, for example vector
operations vector('Paris') - vector('France') + vector('Italy') results in a
vector that is very
close to vector('Rome'), and vector('king') - vector('man') + vector('woman')
is close to
vector('queen')

Thanks,

Koji