Thanks Noble,

I maintain two separate indexes on my disk for two different search
services.
The index size of two are: 91MB and 615MB. I am pretty sure that these index
size will grow in future, and may reach 10GB.

My doubts :

1. When should I start partitioning my index?
2. Is there any performance issue with partitioning? For eg: A query on 1GB
and 500MB indexed data will take same time to give the result? Or lesser the
index size, lesser the response time?

Regards,
Ritesh Ambastha