On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Neville Burnell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm playing with the Solr Data Import Handler, and everything looks
> great so far!
thanks

> Hopefully we will be able to replace our homegrown ODBC indexing service
> [using camping+ferret] with Solr!
>
> The wiki page mentions "scheduling full imports and delta imports" but I
> couldn't find any further details. Is scheduling supported  by the
> current handler, or do I need to use an external trigger ?
It is planned. But we believe that the scheduling may come in as a
separate service which we can piggyback on. There are more components
which may need that. For the time being a 'wget' from a cron job is
the only option

> Also, any idea when the DataImportHandler [SOLR-469] might become part
> of the nightlies ? I read somewhere that it might happen RSN <fingers
> crossed>
It is one of the planned features for 1.3 release. Let us see when it
actually happens :)

--
--Noble Paul