We have a use case in which there are multiple clients writing concurrently
to solr. Each of the doc is having an 'timestamp' field which indicates
when these docs were generated.

We also have to ensure that any old doc doesn't overwrite any new doc in
solr. So to achieve this we were thinking if we can make use of the
_version field in solr doc and set the _version field equal to the
'timestamp' field that is present in each doc.

Can someone let me know if the approach that we thought can be done? If not
can someone suggest some other approach of achieving the same with minimum
calls to solr?